My fellow readers,
It’s not lost on me that it’s Wednesday and not Tuesday and that I didn’t even share new releases on my own release week on the 6th of November.
You’ve come to expect these special new release endorsements every Tuesday and I have been letting you down.
I could tell you it’s because I’ve been daunted with deadlines, kids activities, and household chores. That may be part of the case, but there’s a bigger enemy at foot here.
That enemy is depression.
The anxiety of the holiday season, marketing and selling books, traditional deadlines, kids activities, and a weight loss journey has all started to come together and carried a dark cloud over me.
I haven’t slept as well, and spend most nights with earbuds in, listening to a book so I don’t wake anyone up. It’s my only solace in my crazy world around me.
This is what has made me remember the escape that books are. Writing and reading have always been my escape from reality and sometimes we treat them as a chore, looking at our giant TBR pile or all of our deadlines.
As I move forward into this crazy season, my fellow readers, I’m trying to read more. I’m taking that time, even if it’s a half an hour before bed, to read again. To calm down from the hecticness of my day and instead of lying in bed and worrying about everything, I’m going to escape into a book.
I’m almost done with my current audiobook, but luckily I have a full list here of new releases to go through. I urge you to do the same, my fellow readers. During these trying times we have to stick together. We have to #makereadinggreatagain
- Badge of Honor by Susan Stoker (A favorite author. Series of standalone books about Texas heroes and the woman who love them) http://amzn.to/2zKzxOj
- Bodyguard by CD Reiss (#Free in #KindleUnlimited. Bodyguard and the dancer he is supposed to protect.) http://amzn.to/2A2M6HK
- Rock Solid by Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde (One night stand turns him into a dad, but now he has to prove to the mom that he’s rock solid.) http://amzn.to/2zMl3Oc
- Limitless Love by Audrey Carlan (second chance romance in a best selling series) http://amzn.to/2zJC6SK
- The Bedmate by Kendall Ryan (1001 Dark Nights novella with friends to something more) http://amzn.to/2zIerSM
- Defiant Queen by Meghan March (sequel in a highly rated romantic suspense trilogy) http://amzn.to/2iXDpDW
- Wish you were mine by Tara Sivec (second chance romance with a gorgeous cover) http://amzn.to/2zKDcvJ
And last week UNMASKED by meeeee released about a Canadian playboy snowboarder who makes a bet to de-ice the American ice queen figure skater. http://amzn.to/2zGCwcJ
Leave a Reply